Senior iOS Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
Who are we?
We are not your traditional app development agency!
We specialise in engineering long term high quality apps, frameworks and services in regulated markets. We are mobile development experts and have continued to push the boundaries of mobile since 2001. All employees have a say in our company. If you were to join we would encourage you to suggest new technologies and processes.
Some of our apps 🎉
Mecca Bingo the UK’s biggest native bingo app, 7 years in app store and still maintaining a 4.5 ★ rating. Our app leverages many of Apples Frameworks including LocalAuthentication, CoreLocation, SpriteKit, SceneKit and WatchConnectivity.
Grosvenor Live Casino allows users to play blackjack, roulette and other games with real live dealers. We are constantly enhancing this app and most recently added Face ID.
BCLC Lottery a very popular Canadian App Store app allowing customers to scan lottery tickets and see the outcome. We developed our own camera detection SDK to ensure users have the slickest possible experience.
Sports Calendar our test bed for new iOS features. This app has been used in 180 different countries. The app uses Core Data, background updating, app indexing and features a fully responsive UI across iPhone and iPad.
How we develop 🤖
Following the best iOS dev practices:
- We build our own Cocoapods for reusable code across our apps.
- All new code is written in Swift and we are in the process of converting existing Objective C code.
- TDD so we know when our code breaks.
- We follow the SOLID principles and are always trying to leave the code cleaner than we found it.
- We have a great CI setup with Jenkins validating our commits with a cluster of macOS hosts.
- Continuous delivery with Fastlane, merging to a release branch automatically triggers the process to ship our builds to store.
- All our apps utilise ATS and we are constantly striving to improve our security processes.
Tech interesting us at the moment:
- Swift 4
- ARKit with Unity
- Xcode 10
- Clean Architecture
- Quick and Nimble testing frameworks
Job requirements 🧐
We are looking for a passionate iOS engineer who keeps up to date with latest iOS development changes. You should endeavor to write clean code and constantly improve the apps you work on.
- Extensive experience in iOS development.
- Proficiency with the iOS tech stack including Swift and Objective C
- Understanding of core computer science principles and concepts i.e. MVC, OOP, memory management
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience building adaptive UIs for iPhone/iPad with Auto Layout
- Familiar with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines
TDD is an advantage but don’t worry we can train you if haven’t practiced it before.
What we offer 👑
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Excellent Holiday allowance
- Quarterly team events
- Share Option Scheme
- Performance bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel Loan scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Child Care vouchers (though you’ll need to supply your own child)
- Supplies of fresh fruits, snacks
- Friday evening beers
- Birthday off
- Free book of your choice from our essential engineering reads list
- Relevant training and training budget
We advertise all of our current vacancies here. If you see a position you are interested in, please send us your most recent C.V. and a covering letter to [email protected] - Please note that we do not use recruitment agencies.
How To Apply
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for please send us your most recent C.V. and a covering letter to [email protected]